14 December 2009

Lurid Orange Underpants

I climbed a tree in front of the Parsi Dairy. It was fun. I went for a midnight carriage ride on Marine Drive. It was also fun. We helped a stranded five year old wade out to sea. Brave little brat, came up to two complete strangers and asked to be taken to the rocks popping out of the sea. We obliged, we gave a lecture to her sisters who had left her on the shore while they enjoyed the view from the rocks. We got called Aunty. It was fun. Except for the “Aunty” part.

I’ve spent the last couple of weeks sleep walking through Bombay. I’m sorry, you deserved better, maybe next time. This Sunday, Divi and I went to see “Who’s afraid of Virginia Woolf” at the Prithvi Theatre. I put my head on her shoulder, shut my eyes and listened to the dialogue as it was mercilessly mangled by the actors on stage. It wasn’t all a bust though, while my eyes were open, Nick dropped trou and the name of my future band was born.

Get the guest. We played it last friday, or rather it was played on us, Divi Hakuna and Me. We tried playing humiliate the host, but didn’t get too far. All in all, the weekend gave me a lot to think about. I wouldn’t have thought much about the play without Friday and wouldn’t have given two hoots about Friday if it hadn’t been for the play. Do you enjoy being nasty? Do you notice it when you’re being an unpleasant prick? How do you shut up, get up and get out before someone gets hurt? When I wake up from this daze I’m in, I shall think about it.

“It was because you taught me to do things right, that I’m being forced to do them the wrong way” I’m translating and paraphrasing Rocket Singh, but you get the gist of what he and I are trying to say. The movie ultimately ends up implying that you can do things the right way and do them the right way. It becomes a tad preachy and it’s not as smooth as Chak de India, but Ranbir Kapoor’s colourful turbans and cute butt more than make up for any other flaws.

I leave you now, to look for a drummer , a bassist, (apparently if I can be the vocalist, Divi can be the Guitarist, we’re just THAT good) and a hug.


14 comments:

Punvati said...

Such a cute butt :D

Thank you for the carriage ride. Muah :)

The lurid orange underpants were the BEST part of the play.

Our first song ever shall be the cover of Rasputin. What say? :P

Hugs.

The New Age Superhero said...

somehow, the "aunty" and "uncle" tags get attached to you on reaching the early 20s.

we all are craving for needless attention.. some ppl try to gain it by being total assholes.. then, are they really worth that attention? do they deserve to be thought over so much and given so much of importance?

there.. my preachings for the day

Samvida said...

*HUGS*

Jil Jil Ramamani said...

Yes, thankyou for the carriage ride, among the highlights of my trip ( it can hardly be counted a trip thanks to the internship...grrr...fairness will have to be done another time)

As for the cute butt. Im glad I have been empathised with. I dont feel like a perv now. We are all normal as normal can be.

Samvida said...

who decides what 'normal' is anyway
:)

Punvati said...

I like that. Though being abnormal by someones standards is too much fun :P

Samvida said...

couldn't have said it better myself!
next blog post should be about that!
:)

Spaz Kumari said...

arre i liked rocket singh anyway. was light, moved quickly and did not take itself very seriously. nice little entertainer. and i LOVED the dadaji! :)

also, i made little to no sense of this post. explanation is due, ok? ok.

ramsub said...

@ spaz, even i have no idea.... been feeling creatively dead!

revelsign said...

can i dance around in the background, shaking a tambourine? i'd like that.

i think it'll add a touch of genius to your rendition or rasputin.

revelsign said...

*rendition of

Jil Jil Ramamani said...

When you see two or more people who are similar, you decide 'OK, that's normal'.

Did I mention, it wasn't so funny when I came out of my PG and Divi said you had been trying to climb the tree in front of it with a million people passing under you per minute? *sigh , they should count themselves lucky you didn't fall.

Revelsign dancing in the background is accompanied with certain 'wheeeeeeeeee' sounds in my mind.

ramsub said...

I wasn't trying to climb the tree, I was climbing the tree, and I was pretty darn successful. As for the millions of people passing under me, were lucky they didn't crash into the taxi parked directly under the tree, onto which I would have fallen, if at all.

Samvida said...

if you did fall, it would remind those million people about how they were missing out on the experience of climbing the tree.

im sure its better to fall rather than not try to catch anything at all.

and this post of randomness is more creative in the sense that you can find meaning in any thing.
its not meant to be explained. its just there to be perceived and maybe understood(depending on how effective you were at the whole perceiving thing).

so stop deconstructing her post people, and go write your own.
if anything, it made me smile.
and told me you need a hug.
so once again.
*HUGS*